[kj] Tragic news for punk: Death comes in 3s (Paul Fox, Paul Raven, & Lance Hahn)

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 05:27:15 EDT 2007

All 3 died within the past week or so.

I wrote this piece about all 3 of them, with one video of each of their
bands in action:

http://www.cultpunk.com/?p=202

-Oliver

PS. If you're not familiar with Lance Hahn of J Church, he was a punk
music journalist, wrote for Maximum Rock n' Roll for almost 20 years,
was in the 80s punk band Cringer and started J-Church in 1992, in San
Fran, but relocated to Austin; the band and Hahn was extremely prolific,
all the while writing columns for Maximum Rock 'n Roll. Info on J Church
here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Church_%28band%29

They were an Austin punk institution, where I live, and Hahn's death, at
age 40, has been big local news. J Church also have a MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/jchurch