[kj] R.I.P. Raven

Stephane Orecchioni SOrecchioni at olympiquelyonnais.com
Mon Oct 22 11:57:59 EDT 2007

Our hearts are very sad today

Stephane and Kinou from LYON (France)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] De la part de Javier Garcia
Envoyé : lundi 22 octobre 2007 17:27
À : A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Objet : Re: [kj] R.I.P. Raven

Very sad and shocking news, i was hoping to be a joke or something like that when i was reading all those "subjects" yesterday night. I even felt kind of ridiculous when i shared the bad news with my wife (she's not a fan but of course she knows very well the importance of KJ in my life), and i dropped a couple of tears... i mean i was crying for i guy i never knew in person!... but shit!! i was really sad!!. I've never been on a KJ gig and i'm positive i'll do it the next time they tour, and i love KJ with Raven in!. Well, now it's never going to happen.
It's incredible how can i be this sad, i exchanged some e-mails with him out from the list by the time he was in The Gathering, and he was really a very nice man, he used to ask me for some spanish words or some mexican food to practice and surprise his mexican friends in LA... i guess this is it, while i never knew him in person he was the only member of Killing Joke who i've "talked to" ever, and he was a great-open-nice guy.

I agree with you Jamie, at least uncle Raven died sleeping after partying like an animal.
Maybe he will make some new project up there with Hendrix, Dimebag and Ian Curtis.

Honours and respect to mighty PAUL RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Javier
mexico city