[kj] OT : insanity

peter muckle pmuckle00 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:59:42 EDT 2007

Still it could have been worse, he could have left it to Gordon Brown.

From: antoni at clara.netTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:38:53 +0100Subject: [kj] OT : insanity

Now this really is funny :

* http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7044734.stm *

So, after the old guy gave £8.3m to the Tories in the 1980's, they now have to return the lot and due to inheritance tax anything over £300k (or maybe what the threshold was when the money was originally bequeathed) would likely be taxed at 40% therefore the Inland Revenue gets an enormous chunk and many members of the Labour Party are probably falling over themselves laughing over this. I know I am. Especially as the judge decreed that Kostic senior must not have been "of sound mind" to give the money away to the Conservatives. Well, with nutters like Maggie T, Tebbit and co he would have been in good company.