[kj] OT : Radiohead ... inrainbows

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:38:15 EDT 2007

I applaud the effort. And I especially like that you can order the boxset and you get vinyl, cd and download version. But there is no way I can fork out $180. It is progressive thinking. And if the labels were smart they would have thought of this long ago. I too still buy and listen to lps. Gave up on cassettes. I only thought they were good for cars since they are disposable. Cds have replaced that at very least. Many of the audio enthusiast type bands are putting more focus on lps and still giving the buyer the CD with it.
For example the last two Shellac releases. Yo can buy the vinyl for $16 (or whatever) and you get a CD of the same record inside. And the CD costs the same. Brilliant. The latest Shellac is mighty good by the way.

Chris