[kj] OT: Swans recommendation

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 12:38:38 EDT 2007

Good to see ya Alex!

I'll bet that it's one of the '98 tour shirts that
he's wearing!
Small *Gehenna Lion* head on the left breast?

I think that our NYC show was one of the worst that we
played (combatant soundman!), but the crowd seemed to
love it, so.....

A L P

--- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Speaking of Chrome, one of the Gathering's own has

> played with them

> (ALEPH!)

> I live right next door to a restaurant. Every

> Saturday morning, one

> of the cooks (at least I think he's a cook), comes

> out with an iPod

> for a ciggie break. He's usually wearing an Iron

> Maiden shirt. We

> usually nod at each other or throw the goats or some

> stupid shit like

> that (he's noticed I frequently sport a `Joke

> shirt). I saw him this

> week wearing a CHROME shirt, and I had even more

> respect for him.

> Alex in NYC

> On Oct 12, 2007, at 12:24 AM, B. Oliver Sheppard

> wrote:

> > Well, I figured out the Neurosis/Swans link

> finally.

> > The official Swans website contains a t-shirt

> design with this

> > explanation:

> > " $16 JARBOE T-SHIRT NEUROSIS & JARBOE [L] From

> the well-known

> > collaboration with Neurosis. Back features image

> of bees wings. Size

> > [L]"

> > The well-known collaboration? I love(d) Neurosis.

> Never knew they

> > did something with member(s) of The Swans 'til I

> found that site.

> > Ah, yeah, now Chrome, ironically, I knew about

> them. There are

> > still gaps here and there I need to fill though.

> Which will be

> > impossible to do since there's a gazillion

> underground bands now

> > and the reach really is global.

> > -Oliver

> > Leigh Newton wrote:

> >> In many ways, it sucks being a latercomer. It's

> not all bad

> >> though. One good part is that everything is right

> there for you to

> >> plunder. This list is a good place for

> latecomers, namely myself.

> >> I'm a latecomer to just about everything. It was

> thanks to the

> >> Gathering that i got turned onto the genius that

> is Chrome. The

> >> Damon Edge/Helios Creed era, to be exact. Nothing

> else is quite

> >> like it. Thanks Gathering!

> >> Leigh

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony."