[kj] OT: Chrome recommendation

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 12:09:48 EDT 2007

True, Buz and Aleph used to be here many moons ago.
Aleph still is.

I still *love* Chrome!
Even after meeting and touring with Helios! :D

For all of his "excentricities" I honestly believe the
man belongs in the Rock and Roll hall of fame.
If for nothing else, just his work in Chrome puts him
heads and shoulders above any of his contemporaries.

I'd also have to agree with most of the sentiment here
that the prime Chrome was the Damon Edge/Helios Creed
period '78-'83

Anybody looking to pick up material from that era
could hardly go wrong.

Red Exposure
Half Machine Lip Moves
Alien Soundtracks
No Humans Allowed
Third From The Sun
Blood On The Moon

All fantastic stuff!

The official webpage has an extensive discography and
bio to boot.
http://www.staticwhitesound.com/

BTW, Technically, I'm *still* a member of Chrome, and
I'm still playing music with both *Buz Deadwaxx* and
*Rodney Dangerous*.
Great guys and great musicians.

Hmmm..... never got around to getting that Chrome
tattoo.
Maybe that's what I'll do next time it gets slow
around the shop.

A L P

--- Leigh Newton <angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote:

> True, indeed. Buz also used to be on the list as

> well.

> Damn, you don't see too many Chrome shirts around.

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony."