[kj] OT : Radiohead ... inrainbows

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 11 15:43:07 EDT 2007

I was trying to get some figures on Radiohead's previous album sales, one
site said that OK Computer sold 1.7 million, this was years ago, so it's
probably well over two million I now I suppose.

Being a freebie you'd expect this one to do a lot better than that, as
long as it's not too naff and their popularity hasn't waned too much. So
perhaps 5-10 million? At 10p each that would be half a million to a
million quid. Dunno if that's decent money based on what it cost...but by
now if you've sold as many albums as Radiohead and all off the band
members haven't become independently (very) wealthy something would have
to be wrong...

I hope it works for them, I'm a fan of their early stuff, and I think it's
a good stab at making a difference. Wait and see.