[kj] OT: Nine Inch Nails follows Radiohead, drops major label, pursues independent path

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 13:31:32 EDT 2007

They certainly do have it coming.

----- Original Message ----
From: B. Oliver Sheppard <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:23:34 PM
Subject: [kj] OT: Nine Inch Nails follows Radiohead, drops major label, pursues independent path

I only mention because it seems to be a building sort of shake up of the
music industry, which is getting more desperate and over-reaching with
its insane propertarian aggression lately, a la that article Alex posted.

-Oliver

----

Nine Inch Nails follows Radiohead and dumps label

By Josephine Moulds, Technology Correspondent
Last Updated: 12:15am BST 11/10/2007

Industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails has followed Radiohead's lead and
dumped its record label, but analysts say it is too early to call the
end of the industry as we know it.

Lead singer Trent Reznor wrote on the band's website: "As of right now
Nine Inch Nails is a totally free agent, free of any recording contract
with any label.

"I have been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the
business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very
different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a
direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate."

[...]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/10/09/bcnnine109.xml