[kj] OT: worst lyrics awards

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Oct 10 16:38:59 EDT 2007

I enjoyed the recent BBC4 feature on the Limelight Club in Crewe where they
have tribute bands 4 nights a week. Fair play to the punters, they must have
at least a couple of gigs a month that are worth going to. Some reviews
painted both the musicians and crowd as a bit sad, stuck in one big
nostalgia trip. So f*ck*ng what.

Amongst the circuit regulars such as The Jamm, Limehouse Lizzy, T-Rextasy,
you had an AB-CD, a Zeppelin one whose name I can't recall, Pink Fraud (ho
ho), Cobain (oh yes) and, wait for it, DEEP SNAKE (for David Coverdale
fanatics) ...