[kj] OT: Jane's WAS: New October File vid

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 18:08:03 EDT 2007

"Javier Garcia" wrote:

> Jane's Addiction was (and still is) one of my favorite bands, that mix of

> very talented musicians along with Perry Farrell's lyrics was

> extraordinary, the man is really talented; i know there are some very

> "cheesee-ones" and other pretty "smoked" lyrics, but there are also a lot

> of very smart-powerful moments in Jane's Addiction lyrics. Not to talk

> about the musical energy they projected. I even like Porno For Pyros a

> very lot and also got Farrell's solo album which was good to me. He

> spreads a very authentic kind of energy in every project he

> creates/involves, and because of that I understand he stands in that

> position of love-him or hate-him, with almost no middle range. But still

> you may recognize the man is a pretty good lyric writer, he aproaches to a

> lot of very common social issues in a very creative way.

> On the other hand "Strays" was not exciting, Navarro's band called Panic

> Channel is lame, and Satellite Party isn't very exciting either... but

> there were some awesome moments in the past.

> They were not very well know in Mexico -maybe they got some recognition

> after 'Beeing Caught Stealing' but not really too much- so that over-rated

> band status doesn't fit into my personal view at all. But as a J.A. old

> fan i'm glad they got some big credit outside. To me they were awesome.

I pretty much agree with everything you say here about Jane's. They were
and still remain among my favorite bands and I count myself as lucky to not
only have been able to see them from their club days in LA in the mid 80's
all the way through to their Strays tour a few years ago, but I've also been
fortunate to have caught what has turned out to be several very key shows in
their career.

T.B.