[kj] OT: Jane's WAS: New October File vid

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 9 17:40:08 EDT 2007

Okay, here we go...

"If "glam" means original sense of heroin thin"

Ummm.... what exactly gave you that idea? "Glam" is short for
"glamor" -- I don't believe heroin has even the slightest thing to do
with it. It had nothing to do with being "thin" (see ye Gary Glitter
and the entirety of Slade).

"Alex also didn't appear to think BTATS sounded New Romantic, though,
right?"

Well, that's very simply because it didn't and doesn't. Listen to
Alphaville or Duran Duran or Visage or Classique Nouveaux or Spandau
Ballet -- I mean REALLY LISTEN to them and come back and tell me they
sound ANYTHING like BTATS. I'll wait right here.

I hate to sound so anal and pedantic, but really people --- wrong is
wrong. Jane's Addiction is no more an L.A. Glam Metal band than they
were a Skiffle band, and Killing Joke were never even REMOTELY New
Romantic.

Alex in NYC