[kj] remasters

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:47:00 EDT 2007

After reading the plastichead newsletter thang I am rather excited by
this new batch of remasters.
Am especially excited the 'restored mixes version' of BTATS with the
original Kimsey mixes.
I heard bits of Geordie in the Kimsey mix of Rubicon on KJ for
Beginners that I'd never heard before - it had a slightly rawer edge
so like that infamous ant, I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.
BTATS is very special to me; I was 16 years old, 1st saw KJ (& met)
on that tour & it just reminds me of a great time in my yoof.
As with Night Time, the CD doesn't cut it over the vinyl so I'm
hoping both of these shine.
Fire Dances was always thin sounding - be interesting to see what
happens there as well.

a somewhat flat potanga