[kj] Sports

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Oct 6 20:56:27 EDT 2007

Loads of girls at work have Daniel Carter or other kiwi rugby legend posters
up on their desks. He's adored, so are various other athlete stars. Top
level rugby has a phenomenon called "Jersey fuckers" by aussies and
kiwis.girls who hang around the team and want to be associated with going
out with one of them.they're fucking the jersey, not the person. Which I'm
sure doesn't bother the jersey wearer too much. But also, you're talking
about young, well built, rugged, wealthy, successful lads, of course girls
are gonna be keen!

There's still plenty of steroid abuse, I don't think it's locked down that
tight as you suggest. I agree it's harder in some ways now, with the Tour de
France debacle etc, but it's an arms race. Blocking / masking drugs and
drugs that fly under the radar, vs the testing drugs. Two teams of chemists
competing.perhaps that would make a good sport?

_____