[kj] OT ? for the Journalists Out There

Flight Bringer flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 05:48:36 EDT 2007

That law is an oddity and proves something about the human psyche , people are not concerned about who is cooking the meal, they are just concerned with who delivers it (the waiter) , isn't that like shooting the messenger ?
The most important thing is who is cooking it , not who delivers it, what difference does it make who the waiter is ? Surely the important thing is what the food tastes like and therefore its the chef who should be under scrutiny?
That proves something about the Human psyche , I'm not sure what it proves , but it definitely proves something .

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:06:54 -0400From: jpwhkj at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] OT ? for the Journalists Out ThereOn a serious note, that is one of the legitimate exceptions to race discrimination law. You can advertise for (say) an Indian if it is necessary to make the experience "authentic". So an Indian restaurant can advertise for Indian waiters, but not for Indian cooks (because the latter aren't seen by the customers).That said, I had an excellent Indian meal in a curry house on Shetland, staffed by decidedly pale and ginger locals.Jamie-----Original Message-----From: fatpotanga <fatpotanga at gmail.com>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 5.01pmSubject: Re: [kj] OT ? for the Journalists Out There

actually, on a serious note if I'm in an Indian or Chinese restaurant & the staff are white it makes the place seem like it'll be no good.=

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage. Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Click Here for more information.