[kj] OT ? for the Journalists Out There

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 17:06:54 EDT 2007

On a serious note, that is one of the legitimate exceptions to race discrimination law.? You can advertise for (say) an Indian if it is necessary to make the experience "authentic".? So an Indian restaurant can advertise for Indian waiters, but not for Indian cooks (because the latter aren't seen by the customers).

That said, I had an excellent Indian meal in a curry house on Shetland, staffed by decidedly pale and ginger locals.

Jamie