[kj] DVD ripping software?

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 00:17:49 EDT 2007

I've heard good stuff about those programs (Handbrake and Popcorn), but
on my Mac I use:

1) MacTheRipper -- rips any DVD, no matter how it is encoded or copy
protected, to your hard drive

2) DVD2oneX2 -- compresses the DVD data you've just ripped to a single
layer DVD format and burns the DVD for you, w/ menus, extras, etc., all
in about two or three button clicks.

I have Toast, too, but am not schooled enough with it to wield it
usefully. It won't rip copy-protected DVDs, that I know of; MacTheRipper
will copy anything, though. And it's free! (DVD2Xone2 is not free,
unless you find a crack.)

-Oliver

iPat wrote:
i use toast or popcorn for my mac, handbrake as well