[kj] OT..very OT Kevin DuBrow dead

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:39:21 EST 2007

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's

The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend
Kevin DuBrow."

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow

was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow — whom Politz
calls "one of my closest friends" — recently celebrated his 52nd
birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni

, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site

RandyRhoads.tk:

"I
ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and
family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions,
theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and
I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I
am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and
speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for
the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is
not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and
the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us
all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate
info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me.
Thank you."

In 2004, DuBrow recorded a collection of cover versions for his first solo album, "In for the Kill".

QUIET RIOT's latest studio CD, "Rehab", was released on October 3, 2006. The lineup on the album was
Kevin DuBrow, Frankie Banali, Tony Franklin and Neil Citron. Legendary singer Glenn Hughes also made a guest vocal appearance on the LP.