[kj] New Inepsy LP

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 25 20:31:08 EST 2007

http://www.myspace.com/inepsy

Sample songs there -- check out "Among the Remains," above, for an example.

Total NWOBHM revivalist, but done exceptionally well and with a better,
more crystal clear production this time around. D-beat rock and roll in
the vein of Motorhead and Bulldozer. The LP is _No Speed Limit for
destruction_.

I thought Killing Joke's _Hosannas_ had a lingering NWOBHM sound; for
ex., Jaz's vocals oft-times (say, on "Implosion," a very Motorhead-y
song) linger in gravelly-voiced Lemmy territory. I like it when Jaz
sings like this; some have called it derisively a "dinosaur roar." I
just think of it as Jaz's Lemmy side. Similarly, KJ's title song,
"Hosannas from the Basements of Hell," had a d-beat feel and sounded, to
me, like Venom's early song "Sons of Satan," which is not a bad thing.
(Venom's 1st two LPs are great, I think.)

Anyway, yeah, new Inepsy, not bad at all.

-Oliver