[kj] Synchronicity city

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Nov 15 18:58:15 EST 2007

Okay this is weird. My last day at work, went out to grab a coffee with a
colleague, on the way back I pass a guy and do a double-take...after a
couple of seconds I click: I'm sure it's the guy from The Corporation, the
commodities trader who said that when 9/11 happened, the first thought on
all the trader's minds, as they saw the footage of planes flying into the
WTC buildings...was the financial opportunites that would come up, how to
make money out of it.

I remember being blown away at what a shocking but honest comment it was.
How many people ever have the guts to talk about stuff that honestly...?

Anyways, I went back up to work (level 28), then went all the way down
again and asked him if it was him...it was. I had an email on my PC at the
time recommending The Corporation to a friend. And I mentioned that I work
in trading floor IT support, and he said he's got a job going...

It's very strange...I have been watching loads of stuff from the guys that
Jonny mentioned the other day, strange things seem to happen the more you
focus on the nature of reality and interconnectedness.

And just last night, can't remember if I was awake or asleep when I had
the thought, but I was doing a mental stocktake of all that people I've
met in real life that have been in movies or on telly...

Hrm. I think I just became slightly more of a hippie.