[kj] OT: Gibson introduces world's first "robot guitar" line that tunes itself

S. Man spacedmanrecords at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:15:45 EST 2007

It's hardly the world's first. I've seen a number of variations on
auto-tuning guitars for the last five years or so.

Here's a video of one of them from a company called Transperformance:

http://transperformance.com/video/tuning_example.htm

At first it seemed really gimmicky and to some extent I guess it is but
it does provide some interesting capabilities that just aren't possible
with normal guitars. I can't find it at the moment but I've seen a
video where the guy is switching between multiple really obscure tunings
on the fly while he is playing. You could compose songs that
incorporated multiple tunings almost without pause.