[kj] OT: Gibson introduces world's first "robot guitar" line that tunes itself

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:48:17 EST 2007

> > After 15 years of research, Gibson Guitar is launching a limited

> > edition Les Paul Robot Guitar next month that has set players abuzz

> > with both enthusiasm and skepticism.

Show me one person that doesn't work for, associated with or a general/basic twat affiliated with Gibson that is "abuzz".

> > Gibson says the robot guitar is aimed at amateurs who have a hard

> > time keeping their guitars in tune, as well as professionals who now

> > use technicians during concerts to keep about 100 guitars tuned to

> > different keys.

Who has 100 guitars on the side of the stage with different tunings ready to go. I don't even think someone like Sonic Youth or the Rolling Stones need, or do, that.

> > Temperature variations, changing strings and simply playing the

> > instrument have long been tuning challenges for guitarists with even

> > the best musical ear.

I guess.

Basically. If you can't tune it you shouldn't be playing it. Any instrument, anywhere, anytime any weather conditions.

Chris