[kj] OT: Gibson introduces world's first "robot guitar" line that tunes itself

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:43:00 EST 2007

Interesting from an 'ooh look at that' point of view...
but generally me thinks 'pah! '
But then i play standard, drop D, drop C & lots of dadgad so in a
live context I guess I could see the appeal.
Not as much fun as swapping guitars though.

After reading here it seems quite thoughtfully done: http://
www.gibson.com/robotguitar/index.html

Still, it's not as gimmicky & seems far better done than the recent
telecaster with the build in laptop or the 'digital' VG strat.
21 century eh?
Shit look guys! they're just a slab of wood with a couple of magnets!
Oh no!
We must improve them!