[kj] Metallica - The Wait

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 9 12:16:31 EST 2007

I liked them until "The Black Album" or whatever that was. Even "...In
Justice For All" was going downhill. But the same band that had written
"One," a song about the horrors of war, got caught up in US flag-waving
jingoism, then came out with that super-patriotic song "Don't Tread on
Me" after Bush Sr. launched Gulf War 1 -- and suddenly they became this
monster truck, pro wrestling, hell raisin' band beloved by yahoos
everywhere, the same folks that like Toby Kieth's "Big Dog Daddy" stuff.
Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets I do like but I rarely to
listen to it any more -- haven't in ages.

-Oliver