[kj] Killing Joke / The Gathering & Druids

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Nov 8 16:58:34 EST 2007

My witchy friend Melanie pointed out to me the other night that 'The
Gathering' is the name druids give / gave to their...um, gatherings. Which
got me thinking about the analogy of Killing Joke and The Gathering to
druids. I've always seen the subversive elements, the anti-corporate
elements, the primal, earthy elements, the green elements, intuition vs
intellect, the earth violently rejecting the visus of modern life
etc......but never really considered any kind of analogy with druids.
(Possibly because my idea of druids isn't rum guzzling, cigar smoking,
first-class travelling violent drug fiends...BUT...who's perfect.)

Anyway, maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but songs such as Goodbye To The
Village, Labyrinth ('a civilisation with values alien to me'...something
always resonated with me), Lanterns, well, I can see the link.

Dunno if I'd you'd get that little belt-sickle thing through customs
though...but I think I have the herb gathering sussed &-) (stoned smiley)