[kj] Strange events - time travel

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Nov 7 19:20:41 EST 2007

So you could theoretcically go back in time, play David Bowie songs to
David Bowie before he wrote them, and then he could 'rip them off'...

I think by the fact that we haven't seen it happen, that it's either
theoretically impossible to travel back in time, or if it's possible there
are strict rules about it (probably involving 'enforcers' who look like
Jean Claude Van Damme who travel back to catch you if you break the
rules... ;), or you create another universe when you go back in
time...there are theoretical physicists (lots of them) who believe that
another universe is created every single time any possible decision or
multiple outcome is made. Was just reading that the multiple universe
model solves a lot of the problems with string theory for some obscure
reason. Bet it solves all sorts of problems with bank managers and ex
girlfriends and shit too :)