[kj] Strange events

Flight Bringer flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 12:52:47 EST 2007

Thats is indeed a good theory......but the reality is that we cant even get the trains and buses to run on time , let alone getting them to arrive before they've even departed.
But the theory below is akin to saying "It is possible for Man to drink a glass of water.......so that means that its also possible to Man to drink the Pacific ocean.........with all the fish included

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:24:46 +0000From: DavidSchofield at liberata.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Strange events

PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT NOTICE BELOW. DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENT WITHOUT PRIOR VIRUS CHECKING.

Nobody has proved that backwards time travel is possible (yet), but relative forwards time travel is possible. Time can be observed going at different rates depending on your relative velocity – the faster you go, the slower time goes relative to someone who is stationary (not that you are ever stationary – stood still you have a velocity of ~30km/s just from the planet orbiting the sun). I think on a transatlantic flight there is a half second or so difference, but the nearer you get to the speed of light the larger the difference.

This leads to the ability to travel forward in time. If you could travel fast enough, for long enough, then you could get a significant difference between your time and the time on earth. So, in theory if we threw you off into on a mission to the nearest star at 50% of the speed of light, it would take you ~40 years (of your time) but to us, it would take ~47 years. At 99.99% of the speed of light, it would take you 4 months, but to us it would be 24years.
.
You can slow light down by passing it through a medium such as glass or water.

Time is theoretically linked to other forces also, sufficiently high gravity or magnetic fields could also be used to slow time relatively.

You can also get Tachyons, which are faster than light particles, but they are still theoretical. Perhaps CERN will find some.

My head now hurts.

Dave

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of Flight BringerSent: 07 November 2007 16:52To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] Strange events

It just isnt possible to go either back or forward in time , you can dress it up as much as you like and give as many theories as you want , but there is no way that time can be reversed . It just isnt possible for that chicken that I ate today to be once again running around a farm like it was a few weeks ago . If I went and chopped a tree down last week and then sawed it up and burnt it to ashes, there is no way that those ashes could ever reinvent themselves as wood and then materialise itself as the same tree.......................................Impossible> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:05:31 +0000> From: crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] Strange events> > The experiments at CERN could conceivably cause some> strange effects with time/space.> > "The clock turned backwards"> > > > OK, I know I am setting myself up here for ridicule> and piss take.> > > However, despite appearances, those that have had> the misfortne to meet me,> > > will probabbly testify that I am quite rational and> sound of mind.> > >> >

Are you the Quizmaster? Play BrainBattle with a friend now!
Liberata is the trading name of Liberata UK Limited (Registered in England and Wales - No 1238274) and other Liberata group companies which include Liberata Financial Services Limited (Registered in England and Wales - No 5301492), an entity authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The holding company is Liberata Limited ( Registered in England and Wales - No 3987802).

Registered Office: 5th Floor Downstream Building, No. 1 London Bridge, London SE1 9AJ
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This e-mail (including all attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only, and must not be re-transmitted in an amended form without our consent. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately at ITSecurity at liberata.com. Please then delete it and do not disclose its contents to any other person.

Security and reliability of e-mails are not guaranteed. We operate anti-virus programmes but you must take full responsibility for virus checking this e-mail (including all attachments). Liberata UK Limited do not accept any liability in respect of any damage caused by any virus which is not detected.

All e-mails to and from anyone @liberata.com may be examined for breaches of employee policies and the law. All e-mails to anyone @liberata.com are communications to the company and not private and confidential to any named individual.
Thsts