[kj] Stupid questions about New Zealand (+ stupid answers)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Nov 6 00:55:57 EST 2007

I had to pass this lot on - they made me smile, we all need a smile.

Apparently these were posted on an NZ Tourism Website and the answers are
the
actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of
humour.

Q: Does it ever get windy in NZ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do
the plants grow? (UK).

A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching
them die.

Q: Will I be able to see kiwi birds in the street? (USA)

A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Auckland to Wellington - can I follow the
railroad tracks? (Sweden)

A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in NZ? Can you send me a list of them
in Auckland , Wellington , Christchurch and Queenstown ? ( UK )

A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in NZ ? ( USA )

A: A-Fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe .
New - Zea -l and is that island in the middle of the Pacific which
does not ... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in
Auckland city . Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in NZ ? ( USA )

A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and
we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into NZ ? ( UK )

A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? ( USA )

A: - New-zea- la is that quaint little country , which is ...
oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in
Auckland city , straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Can I wear high heels in NZ ? ( UK )

A: You are a British politician, right?

Q: Are there supermarkets in Auckland and is milk available all year
round? ( Germany )

A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.
Milk is illegal .

Q: Please send a list of all doctors in NZ who can Dispense spider
serum. ( USA )

A: poisonous spiders live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from.
All NZ spiders are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make
good pets . You should find some for yourself when you get here.
Especially the ones with white tails .

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in NZ , but I forget its
name. It's a kind animal and lives in trees. ( USA )

A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of
Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.
You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go
out walking.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you
tell me where I can sell it in NZ ? ( USA )

A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in Auckland where the female population
is smaller than the male population? ( Italy )