[kj] "Nevermore."

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:12:18 EST 2007

Hi, Neil, Alex, Jamie, Pete, Antoni & everyone. I'm very well, thanks.

Yes, I think I'll stick around. (I never quite left in the sense that I kept
reading the posts on the archive over the last year or so.)

Obviously I was sad to hear about Raven's passing. The first KJ gig I saw
was the opening show of the European leg of the Extremities tour back in
1990 in Geneva, with the painted bird on bass. It was a very small crowd but
they still gave it their all. I was in heaven having been obsessed with the
band for a few years by then.

As just about everyone has pointed out he really was an exceptionally warm
person. I liked what Matt Zane said about him. He was very good at making
people feel valued, he'd go out of his way to make you feel important, even
if you weren't. And he was the only Joker who was also a true Gatherer, even
to the extent that it was Jaz and Geordie who complained about him taking
the piss with the guest lists on the Ronald McKrusty tour! He was very
supportive when I used to do my site, too, often providing useful
information about the band.

I hope the remastered 'Firedances' CD can be re-packaged in his honour. That
would be a perfect tribute in my opinion.