[kj] Quick Poll - best film of 07

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:21:14 EDT 2007

BONO VOX AROUND THE CAMPFIRE, DESCRIBING THE FIRST CLASH GIG IN DUBLIN JUST AFTER THE RIOTS.

"My friends and I felt we were under real serious physical threat...The feeling in that hall was a matter of life and death...but what then happened when the Clash came on was much more serious than that." (Or words to that effect.)

I was watching This Is England in the Prince Charles Cinema (Wherelse?) and at one point, 'over 25 years ago' just came right back to me. A world long gone now. I wept so much, suddenly for no reason. I dont know - I was scared of Skinheads! But Jesus, what a film. Yeah. Me too, like everyone else here????What is going on around here? Its the chips installed in our brains by the Government, right? I'm not mad.

I went there to watch Snakes on a Plane. F***ING HELL!! B movie and a half, but Jesus, I couldn't stop shaking at the end. The King film of BOO! moments. What a Panto'. I've seen some films ripped to pieces in there. We were in hysterics at one point in A History of Violence. It wasnt supposed to be funny. I was bored and went to see The Island there years ago - celluloid Bottom Cleaner. We had a laugh. Kevin Smith the director complained he'd not had even so much as a toilet cubicle dedicated to him, when he'd been there and Tarantino hadnt - and he's got a bar named after him. So they did, and I use it frequently. They show The Inconcievable Truth there all the time.

Children of Men. Enough said.

Check out Saturday night shows in that place, just off Leicester Square. Big Granny screen with a cool, loyal audience and all for at the most, £4.00. Double 'couple' chairs at the back. What, am I on a commission???

Keep Smiling...