[kj] Disorder in Interzone

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 29 09:32:16 EDT 2007

*An Evening of Fun in the Metropolis of Your Dream*

Please forward this to all Manchester gigglers.

It has been another good week for great music in
Interzone. I've had Battles, Blonde Redhead, Ghost,
The Old Testament and Last Harbour kick the white mice
and baboons and all the other motherfuckers out over
the last week. I was also asked to collaborate with
the Old Testament in the near future.

It was pretty cool to catch two gigs in one night,
Lonelady still gets better every time and then Golden
Lab brought on another Load of satanic weirdness in
the Star and Garter courtesy of the wailing masked
Milanese duo OVO. Sailors from Leeds were also ragged
and jagged and spiky. Just thought I would mention,
however, that it would have been nice if more people
had made it out to this gig!

Sat 26th : U-Boat played mad eye screamer against
manic drum experiments at Fuel and then Ben Nash from
Sheffield did some more considered rocking improv with
his trio who sold me CDR no 15/50. You can always rely
on Golden Lab.

Sunday Saki Bar saw double acoustic guitar improvisers
Cooper-Jones finish the most frenetic I've yet heard
them, and it was nice to finally hear the guitar drum
duo A Middlesex as they are quite original and noisy
for a band loosely based somewhere in the orbit of
rock. Cold Ones from Liverpool were more normal, a
punk rock / hardcore thing. Kylie Minoise was a one
man psychostorm and I'd had so much cheap whiskey by
the time it was time for my Honey To Ride Me A Goat
that I hardly recall anything aside from enjoying the
experience!

And then...

29 Talibam! / Sunshine Republic / Burn the Archives /
Worried About Satan - Star and Garter £5
www.myspace.com/talibam
www.myspace.com/sunshinerepublic
www.myspace.com/burnthearchives
www.myspace.com/worriedaboutsatan

29 May 21:00
Bookstore / Revenge of The Psychotronic Man / Pooler
FNF at Tiger Lounge FREE
www.myspace.com/FictionNonFiction

30 May 21:00
Slim Francis / Bobbie Peru & guests FNF vs Sugarcube
at Tigerlounge (Ding the former bassist of the PJ
Harvey Uh Huh Her band and The Fall plays in Bobbie
Peru)

Wed 30th : KTL [ ' threatening new collaboration
taking in parallel worlds of Extreme Computer Music
and Black Metal ' between Stephen O'Malley (SUNNO))) &
Peter Rehberg (PITA) ] @ VENUE TBC, Manchester
13This seems to have been aborted13
www.myspace.com/ktlrule

31 May 20:00
The Deodates & guests FNF at The Bay Horse

[ june 2007 ]

1st ONLY ONES - academy

2 3 T/G ICA London
www.throbbing-gristle.com

555 Carla Bozulich / adrian orange and her band / the
atlas mountain ensemble / serfs - sacred trinity
church, chapel st, 7pm, £5
*I'm Waiting*

5 Jun 21:00
The Vipers / The Glitter Kittens Burlesque Review FNF
at Tiger Lounge FREE

555 FAUST Leeds Irish Centre

666 FAUST Liverpool Barfly
www.faust-pages.com

!!!and on this day
THE WAIT is over for the Shellac album!!!

Thur 7th : Solar Fire Duo ( 'a special one-off line up
of Dave Jackson & Phil Marks' )/ Fonik / Sann Yasin (
Dave Jackson, sax & woodwind & John Scott, guitar ) @
The King's Arms, Salford [ Free Form ] [ 8pm, £5 ]

Thur 7th : Indian Jewelry (USA, Houston TX, Love Pump
Unlimited) / Motor Ghost (aka Ben Reynolds & Alex
Neilson) / The Bent Spoon Trio (Canada) @ The Star &
Garter, Fairfield St, Manchester [ 8pm, £5 ]
www.myspace.com/goldenlabrecords

Fri 8th : Thermals / Lone Lady / Sir Yes Sir / Warm
Widow @ Islington Mill, Salford [ £7 from Piccadilly
Records ]
www.myspace.com/hiholonelady
www.myspace.com/warmwidow

Fri 8th : Chunk! / The Immigrants / Gentle, Friendly @
Retro Bar Basement [ Fight Club ]

Sat 9th : Music Yatra : Tarang ~ The National South
Asian Music Ensemble @ Bridgewater Hall (Barbirolli
Room) [2pm, £6/£4 concessions]

11 Stray Light / These Monsters / Making Faces - Dry
Bar
www.stray-light.co.uk

12 End of a Year - Castle Hotel, Oldham Street
http://www.myspace.com/endofayear

14 Noise Upstairs improv night at Fuel
Every 2nd Thursday of the month
ant_r_h at yahoo.co.uk

15 Max Tundra - Saki Bar

Sat 16th:
Asshole Parade, Army of Flying Robots, The Day Man
Lost + 2 more @ The Old Pint Pot, Salford [£5 door, 8
pm]

16 CocoRosie - Academy

Sat 16th : Black Fiction @ Academy 3, Oxford Road,
Manchester [ album launch ] [ £5 adv ]

Sun 17th : Simon Rose ( solo alto sax ) @ Oklahoma
Café, 74-76 High Street, Manchester [ 8.30pm ]

18 Random Number / Quip / Levenshulme Bicycle
Orchestra @ Cafe Saki, Oxford Road, Rusholme,
Manchester [ £3 ]
www.myspace.com/badcunclemusic
(Random Number used to drum for one of my old bands
Object)

19 Jun 2007 21:00
It's A Buffalo / Chorizo & the Frantic Drivers /
Seven Sisters FNF at Tiger Lounge

22 BIG JOAN (best band in the land)
Mugstar / Stranger Son of WB
Kings Arms, Salford
www.myspace.com/bigjoan
www.myspace.com/mugstar
www.myspace.com/strangersonofwb

23 BIG JOAN - Liverpool

23 Jun 20:00
Saturday Night Special FNF at Cafe Saki

25 Dananananaykroyd / Capeman! / Sir, Yes, Sir /
Michael Travis Cocker @ Cafe Saki, Oxford Road,
Rusholme, Manchester [ £5 ]
www.myspace.com/badcunclemusic

27 The Ministry of Antisocial Insecurity presents:
27 *FUCK OFF tORY bLIAR*
Augustine Leudar,
April Fool,
Bess Keloid buggering Smear Campaign,
Mild Man Jan TBC
& more TBC
@ Klondyke Snooker & Bowls Club,
Burnage Range, Levenshulme 7pm
***Benefit for THE BASEMENT social centre***
27 Bring anti_govt, anti-crusade art, music, writing,
T-shirts, etc.
www.incandessa.org.uk
www.augustineleudar.co.uk
www.myspace.com/augustineleudar

28 Jun 20:00
Blues Special feat. Hard Luck Child FNF at The Bay
Horse

Fri 29th : Ben Frost [ no information about whether
this is an art installation, a performance, or both] @
The Green Room, Whitworth St., Manchester [ Manchester
International Festival ]

[ july 2007 ]

Sun 1st : Nina Nastasia & Jim White / Adjagas @
Academy 3, Oxford Road, Manchester [ Manchester
International Festival ] [ £8.50 adv ]

Wed 4th : Noisettes @ Club Academy 3, Oxford Road,
Manchester [ Manchester International Festival ] [
£9.50 adv

Sat 7th : PJ Harvey ( 'an intimate solo set' ) @
Bridgewater Hall, Lower Moseley Street, Manchester [
Manchester International Festival ] [ very likely to
be sold out ]

Explosions in the Sky have cancelled their tour
PJ Harvey is going to Spain
Morag is organising more benefit gigs for The Basement

Fri 20th : Vialka @ Platt Chapel, 186 Wilmslow Road,
Rusholme, Manchester [ 8pm, £5 ]

TG
26 May 2007 21:00
TATE MODERN London, London and South East
1 Jun 2007 12:00
INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART London
2 Jun 2007 12:00
INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART London
3 Jun 2007 12:00
INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART London

Faust, with Zappi, Jean-Hervé and Amaury, have
announced the following tour dates. For the Bristol
show on June 1st they will be joined by special guests
- I'll add details here when it is announced. Better
still, join the mailing list to receive news as it
happens. Follow links for tickets and more
information.

May 11th UK Manchester Futuresonic Festival
Jun 1st UK Bristol Venn Festival (with Colin Potter of
Nurse With Wound and Geoff Leigh of Henry Cow)
Jun 2nd UK Coventry Taylor Johns House
Jun 3rd UK London Corsica Studios (with Colin Potter
of Nurse With Wound and Geoff Leigh of Henry Cow).
Charles Hayward support.
Jun 5th UK Leeds Irish Centre
Jun 6th UK Liverpool Liverpool Barfly
Jun 8th UK Glasgow Glasgow Barfly
Jun 9th UK Edinburgh Borgo
Jun 12th UK Leicester Pickled at Charlotte
Jun 13th UK London The Luminaire: SOLO NIGHT + SPECIAL
(under c) by Faust members
Jul 27-29th Germany Schiphorst Avant Garde Festival

How to survive being sucked into Black Hole in
November?
Put a plastic bag over your head
and sing the Aotearoa anthem in Moari!
Where will it end?
THE WAIT

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

An Evening of Fun in the Metropolis of Your Dream
http://www.incandessa.org.uk/mcrgigs.html

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!