[kj] Any Slits fans out there/ "Loose Cannon" beer!

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 19 19:08:35 EDT 2007

Well, I'm an (early) Slits fan, also a fan of Kleenex/Liliput, of
course, who i see as sorta similar.

Apparently to some folks the contemporary band MIKA MIKO is "the modern
day Slits" (though a "modern day Slits" makes no sense in our radically
different pop culture/music subculture/cultural context). Still, they
manage to sound like them:

http://www.myspace.com/mikamiko <-- Mika Miko mp3s there (use Audio
Hijack or Audacity program to download MySpace mp3s greyed out for
download, best discovery I've made in awhile)

Mika Miko graduated to the label that gave Bikini Kill a lot of early
exposure, the Kill Rock Stars label. I said Mika Miko's CYSLABF LP was
one of the Top 20 LPs of 2006. Along with Hosannas of course. :)

-Oliver