[kj] Any Slits fans out there/ "Loose Cannon" beer!

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat May 19 08:16:52 EDT 2007

I know she's near and dear to many on the Gathering, but I once saw
Ari Up of the Slits open for the Damage Manual (at the late, great
Wetlands), and she was positively embarrassing. I mean, I know the
Slits were trailblazers and all, but she just seemed like the
ultimate poser -- a German woman exhorting in fake Jamaican patois,
all the while shaking her rumb like an extra from a Shabba Ranks
video. Pathetic. I wouldn't even use one of her discs for a coaster.

But, y'know, that's me.

Alex in NYC