[kj] Genesis Fragment

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 16 09:54:37 EDT 2007

Flux: Talking of quantum physics, have you heard about
this Large Hadron Collider that is supposed to be
activated in November on the French / Swiss border? It
seems these scientists want to make black holes and
they don't really know what hell might break loose!

GPO: That's right, in the CERN scientific centre. I
think that's crazy.

Flux: It does seem like the most ridiculously reckless
thing the human race has yet tried to do.

GPO: I agree. I just read a science fiction book in
which the whole Earth disappears because a scientist
creates a black hole. I don't know if it was because
of that Horizon program. It seems ludicrous. I don't
know how they could possibly be that arrogant that
they could think they could control something like
that. The very nature of it is uncontrollable. They've
said so themselves, so the arrogance of it is
frightening. The result could be that last arrogant
human attempt to quantify and control the physical
world when in fact what we should be doing is
integrating all aspects of life and perception, not
separating them out and trying to control them. We
should be reabsorbing some of the things we used to
have in terms of our relationship with nature and each
other and community. Science is obsessed with
separation and um...

Flux: Reduction.

GPO: Yes. And according to the Native Americans, they
don't have a word for death. They use the word
"separation" so that implies that science is killing
various aspects of what we think of as consensus
reality, just to prove their own potence. It's like
this urge towards being a god, you know? It's just so
ridiculous! Pointless. Aah, Lady Jaye just said,
"Science is rife with knowledge and the absence of
wisdom." It's fascinating. We're living in very
interesting times. A very volatile time!

Flux: Things seem to be accelerating very much. Too
much is happening too fast for any one person to keep
up.

GPO: Yes, I know. Instead of really dealing with our
behavioural issues and our personalities and our
destruction of the ecosystem and our innate greed,
we're just distracting ourselves with more and more
gadgets and things that go faster and faster and
faster in this denial of our own mortality. Everyone
wants to go the fastest in an aeroplane, or run the
fastest. Everything's got to be faster, faster, faster
- faster computers, faster phones. Its just a
completely empty, vacuous way of dealing with life.
Its bound to become a disaster. If its true that
things are accelerating quicker and quicker on our
body of knowledge and our technology is doubling
quicker and quicker then at some point within the next
ten years it'll double before it happens and that
could be a black hole, right?

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!