[kj] Jester's Wife Elana Speaks

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri May 11 11:49:24 EDT 2007

Terrible news. I remember a few years back when I was on Jester's board
reading his occasional accounts of his fight with cancer. One thing shone
through in most of his messages was his love for his wife and li'l daughter
and his regret that he figured he'd be leaving them behind in a few month's
time. When he shut down his site, I figured I'd be reading about his passing
in a few months and it was inspiring to hear he had turned it around.

I guess the small measure of positive outlook one can take from this is that
he did get a new lease on life to spend with his family, even if it was for
a terribly short time. Also, every single one of us should take that old
cliché to heart about cherishing every moment with their family and friends
as you never know when it'll be cut short.

I never knew Joe aside from his Killing Joke message board and I was no
doubt just another noisy subscriber to his board. Still, his wit and
personality burned a lasting impression on me and many others.

To his wife, my deepest condolences to the staggering loss of your husband
and daughter.

T.B.
(playing "Gratitude" at top volume right now)