[kj] Good Morning Everybody

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 10 07:49:30 EDT 2007

This is what I did when I woke up:

23 Thee More Shallows, Bracken, Denis Jones
Manchester Star and Garter

24 A Very Strange Day

25 Low, Death Vessel
Nottingham Rescue Rooms
Meet Gerry a tattoo artist who drew the cover of "Kill
Everyone Now" 3 which is a nice surprise as neither of
us live in Nottingham. Buy Alan Sparhawk's mostly
instrumental solo Cd which is very excellent ,
atmospheric and sinister.

I had planned to see Einsturzende Neubauten at Rock
City but the gig got cancelled at disgustingly short
notice because the venue requested that the band play
on a stage with a ceiling too low for them to set up
their instruments due to "low ticket sales." How many
more people like me would've just bought a ticket the
day before then?

So anyway a change of plan, as I had to go to Minehead
via Bristol I was in luck!!!

26 Death Sentence Panda
Bristol Croft
MELT (grafitti scrawled on the wall opposite)

27 Meet my old friend Eva from Amsterdam at Bristol
coach station
All Tomorrow's Parties
Josh Pearson (soundcheck)
Ian Wadley
Only Ones
Dirty Three (I'm right at the front, 4 girls faint)
Psarandonis
Brokeback
Josh Pearson
watch some drunk guys do some impromptu improvised
drumming on tables with plastic beer cups and they are
better than Ian Wardley...

28
Blixa Bargeld spotted walking past our chalet (No 1
Surfers Point)
walk On The Beach
to Minehead to buy a digital recorder & towel
go for a swim against the current
Felix Lajko
Shannon Wright (2 songs)
interview Nina Nastasia & Jim White
Low
Alan Vega
Low
(Say Hi to Warren Ellis as I pass his chalet)
Spiritualized (Walking With Jesus)
Mick Harvey
(meet James Johnston who remembered me from an
interview long ago)
Nick Cave
Grinderman
The Scientists (fucking awesome and then some, right
at the front)
The Drones
Nina Nastasia and Jim White
Einsturzende Neubauten (MAGICK)
(Met Blixa Bargeld who greeted me like a long lost
friend)

29
Grinderman press conference
Papa M
Dirty Three (no girls faint)
Silver Mt Zion
Cat Power & Dirty Delta Blues
(meet Nina Nastasia in the crowd)
Nick Cave
Grinderman (much better than Saturday)
Tara Jane O'Neil
Tren Brothers

30
David Pajo was stood outside my chalet when I woke up
so we chatted a while
Run into Jim White on the way out
cider On The Beach
Say goodbye to Eva and Australian Sarah
Thee More Shallows / Rose Kemp - Bristol Croft
The Croft is a great venue - organic cider!

Mayday Red Panda / Al Baker - Liverpool Bumper

2 return to Manchester, Still Walking...

3 Deckers, Sexy Secrets, Blue Shift, Naomi
The Castle, Manchester
A VERY THROBBING AFFAIR

4 Interview Genesis P. Orridge for Flux
VERY INTERESTING
www.genesisp-orridge.com
www.ptv3.com

IF MAN IS
5 I have a lot to do but it seems I am travelling in
the right direction, away from the Swiss Black Hole
Generator...

THE DEVIL IS
6 (It Continues)
Sounds From The Other City
www.soundsfromtheothercity.co.uk

THEN GOD IS
7 (It Never Ends)
Electrelane
www.electrelane.com

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!