[kj] Marco Corbelli is Dead

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 9 18:30:24 EDT 2007

Thanks for sharing this here. This is a type of "music" I've been trying
to get back into lately after earlier forays into the world of Merzbow,
Masonna, et. al. when I was a bit younger. Organized Resistance are a
band in this vein lately I've sort of enjoyed.

Also, about Killing Joke being a metal band -- don't see them that way
at all, and in any event, there was always a metal influence to their
works, right from the start - like "The Wait," to "Tabazan," etc. I
thought Hosannas was more like a thrashy crustcore-influenced album in
parts - like Amebix -- but also with some experimentality and
originality in some pieces. not metal like Stryper, or even like the new
Slayer stuff, at all. It still has that decent and wonderful KJ stamp
that makes it stand out and not sound, well, bad.

-Oliver