[kj] o/t the french are rioting again.

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 7 07:19:47 EDT 2007

'Fraid I have to disagree with ya there, Jon (and you're right, this is
off topic for a Killing Joke list, I guess -- even though KJ have songs
like "Bloody Election" and Mr. Coleman himself is Composer in Residence
for the bloody EU now). The French have what I think's an admirable
working class sense of organization and, unlike American workers, don't
just sit there, hunker down, and hope it doesn't hurt too much when
bosses or the business class try to impose austerity measures on them.
They actually think they deserve some vacation every year, should have
rights on the job, decent employment practices, etc. Good for them. Of
course, business owners hate this; they prefer to settle where workers
are more willing to be submissive (read: outsourcing to foreign 3rd
world countries). There's a reason corporate power supports Sarkozy; he
threatens to undermine a lot of the gains French workers have made. Fuck
him.

-Oliver