[kj] Top 10 bands

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Mar 31 09:40:53 EDT 2007

Oh phew I thought I was coming out of some musical closet there :)

That song's a big, lasting favourite of mine too, the composition is
fantastic. My first band obsession was Queen, got everything they ever did
basically. I love that 'warning voice of impending doom' theme... kinda like
that Killing Joke theme throughout their career too I suppose. I love the
sense of urgency and gravitas in both...I have no idea how they did that big
dramatic sequence in it without synths as well (the entire album is sans
synth)

That album has had a few docos made about it, it's a masterpiece, they
laboured over it painstakingly for a long long time, as they did with the
next.