[kj] Damned/syd - wasRe: Top 10 bands

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 08:50:29 EDT 2007

As long as we're talking `Floyd/Syd covers...

Love & Rockets did a respectable take on "Lucifer Sam"
Both the Jesus & Mary Chain and Robyn Hitchcock have tackled "Vegetable Man"
Voi Vod took on "Astronimy Domine"
The Melvins took on "Intersteller Overdrive" (right, Leigh??)
At the Drive-In did a remarkably faithful version of "Take Up Thy Stethescope & Walk"
Bowie did a ham-fisted versin of "See Emily Play"

Favorite Syd track: "Scream Thy Last Scream"

Alex in NYC