[kj] OT: My Turn in Hell

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 13:59:23 EDT 2007

Quick update, for those keeping score.

Turns out my mother does indeed have lymphoma as suspected -- we'll find out exactly what variation of it on Monday or Tuesday. That's the bad news. The good news is that they're catching it early and don't expect to have to conduct any surgery on her (although there'll be loads of tests and drugs in her future...and not the fun kind). She's slated to be released from the hospital today, which she's understandably over the moon about. She's been in the NYU Medical Center on 1st Avenue (adjacent to the grimly notorious Bellevue Psychological Ward) since last Friday, and it's positively hellish. So, the road ahead isn't entirely rosy, but at least we know what we're up against and plans are in place to combat it. So, things are better.

In terms of the *other* thing regarding Crazy Dr. M, I was actually out of the office for several days this week, but he's seemingly stopped calling and e-mailing me. His slanderous website that calls me all sorts of unpleasant things is still up, but he hasn't updated it anytime recently. Moreover, it's so poorly written, illogical and rife with spelling errors that I don't imagine that anyone who came across would take it very seriously. I'd still like to see it dismantled (and him with it), but we'll see.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone out there in Gatheringland who extended their warm wishes and support. Despite your burly scowls, facial hair, piercings, tattoos, prominent beer guts and thining mohawks, you remain a loveable bunch.

Honor `dat fire, yo.

Cheers,
Alex in NYC