[kj] (OT) Guitar Hero

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:37:11 EDT 2007

Fantastic!
Although why should I laugh at a Jewish man playing Hendrix¹s Who Knows (a
tribute to Pete Townsend?)?
Apart from the obvious I mean.

If you had litmus paper you¹d be able to whether he was a Hasidic Jew.

Ahem...

Speaking of Jewish people, when I used to dive regularly we¹d just finished
diving the Menai Straits ­ the strip of water between mainland Wales &
Anglesey ­ mental currents, the SAS do canoe training there.
Hanyhoo... we¹d just come out of the water when there on the side were about
6 orthodox Jew kids ranging in age from 8 ­ 14.
All in the black with the hats, ringlets etc. A very unusual sight for that
time of the morning & a very unusual sight for North Wales in general all
just staring at us.
Man they were weird!
They. Spoke. Really. Punctuated. Like, Every. Word, Was. Separated. By. A.
full. Stop.
What got me was how closeted their view of the world was.

³Where. Have. You. Been?²
This was to 6 blokes, wearing dry suits, hood with tanks on their backs,
dripping with water, walking out of the sea.
³In there.² (we duly pointed to avoid further confusion)
³Why?²
ŒSorry?²
³Why. Were. You. In. there?²
³Because it¹s fun²
³what. Is. In. there?²
³All sorts, fish, octopus..²
³Were. You. Not. Afraid. Of. Being. Eaten. By. Man. Eating. Sea. Beasts?²
³erm... No. We weren¹t²
³Did. A. Whale. Not. Try. To. Eat. You?²
³No, whales don¹t eat people.²
Points at a lobster my mates caught.
³What. Is. That?²
³It¹s a lobster² (holds it up)
³Why. Do. You. Have. It?²
³I¹m going to eat it...²
³Why?²

& it all went worse from there.
Really, really weird. It was like they had had a totally sheltered existence
& knew nothing at all about the world except what was in a very old copy of
the Torah that had some pages missing.

What a great tale
Still, I spent too long typing it not to send it & I¹m only little.

--

only dead fish go with the flow...

board wear ~ surf wear ~ dive wear ~ any wear

Shop online:
www.iamscuzzy.com

Visit our MySpace page + be our friend:
www.myspace.com/scuzzywear