[kj] OT: My Turn in Hell

Matthew Burke marsboy1 at msn.com
Wed Mar 28 15:48:41 EDT 2007

Boy, I stop lurking for a week and everything goes looney.

For Alex, and other gatherers that responded with parental concerns, and all my other invisible friends on the list, I'm sorry but I feel compelled to share some sad news, and that is that my mother passed away suddenly last week.

I'm staring down the next phase of my life now without her and needless to say, it isn't easy. Though I don't come for sympathy, with all the chat I've been catching up on here on list, I must advise, as I'm sure Alex can now attest, tell the ones you love exactly how you feel and everything you think as soon as you possibly can. Life changes in a minute, and there's nothing you can do to reverse it. I felt I did a good job at this, but even in near perfect scenarios you'll still have regrets, and you don't want any so big as to daunt you the rest of your life.

I have no way yet to describe the depth of the simple description that they are "not there", but it is a deep black space that reveals itself only when you arrive at this point, and seems like something time can only partially heal.

You guys are in my thoughts.

That's my bit of cheer for today, thanks,