[kj] Pete Townshend, musical scholar and taxonomist: "The Police are punk rock"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 28 09:13:33 EDT 2007

I think he was cleared of it eventually, but yes. -Oliver

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=712&id=1417512003

Porn shame nearly drove Tonwshend to suicide

THE Who guitarist, Pete Townshend contemplated suicide after confessing
to using his credit card to download child pornography.

"If I had had a gun I would have shot myself," he said in an interview.
"And if I had shot myself it would have been f***ing awful because it
would have confirmed what everybody thought."

[...]