[kj] American Hardcore documentary posted on YouTube

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 22:46:56 EDT 2007

I came around the opposite way -- had no idea Metallica covered Killing
Joke 'til a year ago, though I knew they'd covered the Misfits' "Last
Caress," something I found out a few years after I'd been into the
Misfits. I found this out when a beefy dude cranked up his 4 x 4 pickup,
the kind with the KC lights and big roll bar or whatever that is, and
blasted the Metallica cover of the Misfits song from the cab, as he
peeled out of the community college parking lot, pumping his fists. I
was like, "Wow, that was a Misfits song."

-Oliver