[kj] American Hardcore documentary posted on YouTube

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 21:19:44 EDT 2007

You know I have a United Mutation ep. from 1983 without the cover. It is
funny for the voice sounds like one of those Black Metal bands from Norway! LOL!
Way before it's time. Never got into No Trend until much later. Good band.
It seems lots of bands were not in that so called DC crowd. John Stabb said
that they always thought they were treated a bit unfairly in the scene. Same
goes for Scream and Marginal Man. The "Banned in DC" book is great! Awesome
pictures! "Dance of Days" is a really good book and has a ton of information in
it. It gets a bit boring about Positve Force and all that Riot Grrl crap. I
really do not know why they even put that in there?

In the "American Hardcore" book they talk of how the Bad Brains stayed at
Randy "Biscut" Turner's house and how they were shocked he was gay. And they
did some shit to his house. Pretty fucked up. They were real anti-gay people.
Considering there were so many gay people back in the scene of punk that were
in bands.

Speaking of Punk movies there is one coming out on the Chicago scene soon.
Do not know the name of it though.

Cheers,

~ LB

In a message dated 3/26/2007 5:59:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,