[kj] KJ logo

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 24 09:55:51 EDT 2007

The `Joke have always flirted with communist imagery (although,
honestly, I'm not sure exactly why).

When I was over in ol' Blighty in `05 for the XXV shows, Andy Misera
and I swung by Malicious Towers, and the great Mike Coles showed us
some artwork he *had* been working on for the band before all
communications were cut off again (because of Big Life? Fuck, who
remembers!) In any event, one of the images -- which I think he'd
intended to use for the single art for "Seeing Red" -- was a female
Red Chinese Army brigade of rifle-wielding dancers. It would've
looked AMAZING on a t-shirt.

Frankly speaking, despite the fact THAT I STILL WANT THAT POSTER,
BARATHY, I was never that impressed with the artwork that went into
the XXV Gathering shows/album/DVD (i.e. the shell-brandishing,
gasmask wearing jesters and the train).

In terms of `Joke logos, I still quite like the REVELATIONS ribbon
design.

Alex in NYC