[kj] (OT) CELTIC FROST / VOIVOD / NICK CAVE

Jokers circusbar at uol.com.br
Fri Mar 23 15:14:13 EDT 2007

Surely Voivod was and will ever be one of my Top 5 bands!!! and like you, I do not listen too much metal nowadays, except for the old 80´s classics (been listening a lot the first 3 destruction albuns last week).
But Voivod was always on the top of the list, from War & Pain to Outer Limits I think all of their albuns are excelent, even Angel Rat is fine with me, and I know a lot of people who doesn´t like it.
I Think Phobos is fine too, very dark and dense, but I don´t like Negatron and The Live one, I think the biggest problem is that I don´t like Eric Forrests´ Voice, don´t think it fits with Voivod like Snake do.

On a change of topic, but still staying off topic (KJ)

I received my copy of The new DVD by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Abattoir Blues Tour 2004 (2 DVDs and 2 Cds)
it´s simply wonderful, 2 diferent gigs, one from the Nocturama tour (playing songs like, Christinna The Astonishing and Watching Alice, for example), and on the other they almost play the entirety of Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus
Which Is raw played live!! songs like Easy Money and Baby You turn me On give me chills when I was watching it last night.

I remember a few weeks back there was going a conversation about the lack that Blixa do in the Bad Seeds, and I have to say that I don´t miss him at all, I think he should focus his efforts on Neubauten and on his solo & spoken works, I think the roots of the bad seeds are there, Mick Harvey and Thomas Wydler are the most important members of the bad seeds, and also Martyn Casey who does a lovely bass playing during the show. Even the new guy, who´s Blixa´s substitute do a fine work on stage!!

well that´s just my opinion

diaz