[kj] OT Frost/Hellhammer/Onslaught/death metal

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 12:58:12 EDT 2007

The Hellhammer demos "Apocalyptic Raids," et. al. are great, as I even
mentioned a few posts back -- but, sorry, I think Onslaught's "Power
from Hell" is pretty fucking good, too. It's got a great, dry,
straight-ahead thrashy sound -- non-stop, bullheaded chug with vocals
that never get too uch into annoying falsetto affectation. Dirty guitars
-- like the Hellhammer guitars, or early Black Flag and Minor Threat
guitars -- only increase the appeal for me.

-Oliver