[kj] grinderman

n0153 jr nomeanswhat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:13:46 EST 2007

The problem isn't the absence of the name "Blixa Bargeld" from the
booklet, the problem is the absence of his unique guitar and the
bizarre ambiance he almost always helped create... if you don't see
what I mean, try listening to "Stranger than Kindness" and imagining
it with Blixa's guitar substituted by this 'sometimes noisy, sometimes
oh so melancholic, all the time so uninspired' grinderman boring and
'seemingly detuned' guitars (and if you think that I exagerate by
crediting this kind of eerie, unique compositions that used to fill
Nick's earlier work to the presence of Blixa, listen to Fiat Lux out
of Neubauten's Haus der Luege and compare it to aforementioned
Stranger than Kindness and you'll see what I mean).

Anyway... there COULD have been a life for the Bad Seeds without
Blixa... unfortunately, it seems that he was a bit more important than
everyone thought... people just won't come out and say it as it would
kind of depreciate the thin now moustached crooner, I guess.

All that said... this is just MY opinion.

jr