[kj] Hello again

MALCOLM ARGYLE m.argyle at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 4 07:39:34 EST 2007

Cheers mate,

Knowing what the list used to be like im probably going over old ground here but i think i left before Killing Joke 2003 came out so id just like to offer my opinions on both albums if no one minds! :-)

KJ2003 i can honestly say was a bit of a let down, half of it i really like, in fact i still think The Death and Ressurection Show is a fantastic track and would be seriously up there with my all time fav tracks. Implant as well is a great track and Blood on your hands, the major issue for me though i think is the drumming, whilst Dave Grohl is a good drummer hes not really KJ standard and i think some tracks suffer coz of this IMO.

Hosanna's on the other hand is a f**king great album, it sounds like KJ as opposed to KJ trying to fit in with nu-metal as KJ2003 comes across to me. Ok Jaz seems to have lost his vocal range and ends up sounding a bit like Lemmy at times, but its still a great record. One of the things i like about it is that they have that tribal feeling back in the music again which they had lost for a while, probably due to Benny's drummming which is awesome Its just a pity when i saw them at Rock City last year that they didnt include many songs of the album in the set.

As far as the re-issues went i thought the remastered sound was good on all of them although im a bit of a sucker for remasters as im allready buying new editions of the Cure and Siouxsie as well soon im going to have everything in triplicate at this rate :-).

Anyone going to buy the Nick Cave Grinderman album tomorow?

Cheers,
Malc

fatpotanga <fatpotanga at gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Malc!